- This event has passed.
CANCELED: Austin – Spring Native Plant Sale at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
April 18, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pmFree – $12
This event has been canceled – check out the Wildflower Center’s page for more updates.
Our Spring Plant Sale will feature hundreds of species of Texas natives, including seeds, annual wildflowers, grasses, perennials, wetland plants, shrubs and trees. Not only are they beautiful, but native plants help conserve water, reduce mowing costs, provide habitat for birds, butterflies and other wildlife, protect the soil, and save money on fertilizer and pesticides.
Members get first pick on Friday, and free admission! Join (on-site) or renew your membership at the Plant Sale and get three free plants (plus all the other perks of membership).
Friday, April 17, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Members only
Saturday, April 18, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Open to the public (Free entry to plant sale with regular admission price)
- General 4-inch pots, $3
- Cacti and milkweed 4-inch pots, $5
- General 1-gallon pots, $9
- Milkweed 1-gallon pots, $12
- Most 5-gallon pots, $27
- Bring your own cart to haul plants; we have a limited number of carts to loan.
- Bring a refillable water bottle and wear a hat and sunscreen.
- Make a shopping list using the plant lists (published here a couple of weeks prior to the sale).
- Become a member or renew on-site during the sale and get three free plants!
- Plan to make a day of it! After you purchase your plants, we can hold them while you explore and enjoy the Center, or at least while you pull your car around (so don’t fret if you can’t park right up front).