- This event has passed.
Fredericksburg – For the Love of Soil: Strategies to Regenerate our Food Production Systems
January 10, 2020 @ 8:00 am - January 11, 2020 @ 5:00 pm$130
In partnership with NCAT, Soil for Water and the Hill Country Alliance, ROAM Ranch is excited to host this 2-day workshop with Nicole Masters, agroecologist, soil expert and Director at Integrity Soils. This workshop is geared towards land managers, ranchers, farmers, gardeners, environmentalists, and anyone else interested in improving the health of Texas soil and making our lands more resilient to the dynamic and sometimes unforgiving climates of Texas.
Nicole will address the following topics:
- Building soil structure and improving water and mineral cycles
- The role of soil microbes on pasture quality and resiliency
- What weeds are telling you about your soils
- How to manage for weeds, disease and insects
- How to shift from invasive grasses to native grasses
- Adaptive multi-paddock grazing
- Monitoring strategies to ensure you are meeting your goals
- Reducing the need for chemical inputs without reducing yields
You will learn how to take a future-focused approach to land management, growing healthy food, and creating robust ecosystems!
This event will also include other experienced local farmers, ranchers and producers and will be an opportunity to network and learn from others in the field.
Tickets include 2 days of lecture and outdoor field study is $130 and includes lunch and refreshments both days.