As the country reacts to a global pandemic, we know that finding regionally appropriate and accurate news sources is a priority for our readers. Our local newspapers are working overtime to make sure we have all the coverage we need during this strange time. Now is also a great opportunity to subscribe to your local media! Whether it’s through online news or physical papers, these news sources help keep us informed and are critical small businesses throughout the Hill Country. We believe the work of local news sources is critical to our communities – coronavirus-related or not.
A note from the publisher
-Reprinted with permission from the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post.
As we all continue to deal with the fallout and effects of the threat of coronavirus, we know that accurate information is needed by our readers. We, at the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post, as always are committed to bringing this information to our readers. Our staff of professional journalists is using a variety of channels – our website, social media channels and email newsletters – to keep the community up to date on this rapidly changing situation.
Our hope is that readers will use us as a trusted source and make the most of this very challenging situation. We have been with this community for 113 years, through good times and bad, and we will continue to serve our community to the best of our abilities. We will deal with our own challenges and your continued support of local journalism will strengthen our efforts.
Your continued readership and patronization of all Fredericksburg Publishing Company products are deeply appreciated.
– Ken Esten Cooke, Publisher of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post.
- Subscribe to the newspaper – in print, e-edition or both – here www.fredericksburgstandard.com/subscribe
- Subscribe to the Daily Update email newsletter, delivered each weekday.
- If you have questions oabout or suggestions for our coverage, email the publisher at email@example.com or managing editor Yvonne Hartmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Hill Country News
In an attempt to assist, we have compiled a list of local news resources throughout the Hill Country. Check out this non-exhaustive list of local media source:
- Bandera Bulletin
- Blanco County News
- Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post
- Hill Country Passport
- Hill Country Weekly Newspaper
- Horseshoe Bay Beacon
- Johnson City Record Courier
- Junction Eagle
- Mason County News
- My Canyon Lake
- New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung
- San Saba News & Star
- Texas Tribune
- The Boerne Star
- The Llano News
- The Rivard Report
- The Uvalde Leader-News